How To Measure Frame Size Of Mountain Bike
The frame size is determined by the length of the seat tube.
How to measure frame size of mountain bike. Know how mountain bike sizes are labeled and sold. You can do it if you know how to choose the right bike size. Consider the bike type. The instructions below explain how to measure a hardtail mountain bike.
Find the top of the seat tube where the seat clamp meets the post. Merida s road bikes go through s s m m l and l. Measure from that point to the middle of the axle that holds the crank arms together. Effective top tube ett describes the horizontal distance between the head tube and the seat tube regardless of whether you have a straight top tube or one that slopes down.
The best way to test a frame size is to go to a mountain bike shop and straddle a bike. Here are the three types of mountain bikes each with detailed measuring instructions and a frame diagram showing you exactly where to measure. If you already have a bike you ll want to know if it s the right size for you. First consider what kind of bike you want sizing varies greatly between road and mountain bikes as well as between men s and women s models and even between.
If you re looking to buy a new bicycle or are planning to sell one that you ve had sitting in the garage you need to know the size of the bike s frame. How to measure a bicycle frame size. Mountain bike effective top tube and reach. All mountain bikes are measured the same way by the length of the seat tube even if it is not one continuous tube as with some full suspension bikes.
The most common mountain bike frames come in 15 inch 17 inch and 19 inch sizes and generally they are listed as small medium large or extra large. Ett is a common measurement to look at when sizing a bike and is a good indicator of how long a bike will feel while you re seated. Finding a mountain bike mtb that fits the rider is a very crucial part of starting on the hobby to promote a rider s safety and comfort at all times you must know how to find the mtb that is suitable for you. Measuring a bike before you buy one will allow.
Here s how to measure your frame. Once you know your bike s frame size select it from the drop down to see how tall riders should be to use this bike.
- Balance Bike Vs Pedal Bike
- Best 200cc Bike In India 2020
- Best 125cc Bikes For Beginners
- Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Online Print
- Best 4 Bike Hitch Rack For The Money
- Bajaj Xcd 125 Bike Parts
- Bajaj Xcd 125 Bike Details
- Best Affordable Bikes In India 2020
- Bajaj Xcd 135 Bike
- Balance Bike Or Bike With Training Wheels
- Banwood Balance Bike Review
- Best Affordable Road Bikes 2019
- Backyard Mountain Bike Pump Track
- Balance Bike Review Australia
- Best 125cc Bs6 Bikes In India 2020
- Best 4 Stroke Dirt Bike For Trail Riding
- Balance Bike Kmart Nz
- Bajaj Top 10 Mileage Bikes
- Best Affordable Mountain Bikes For Beginners
- Best Affordable Mountain Bikes 2020 Canada